Swivel fitting - rotule - for structural bolted glass - countersunk head - Insulated Glass Units
- Swivel fitting for double or triple insulating glass panes
- All glass thicknesses and compositions
- Sealing strip and tools supplied by SADEV for sealing the glazing
- Application: facade or glass roof photovoltaic panels, point fixed facade, curtain wall, solar shading, glass elevator, awnings, canopies, etc. (to be avoided in suspended version)
- Several diameters and axis lengths available.
- High mechanical performance
- 20° deflection + or – 20°.
- Absorption of stresses and deformations of the glazing, therefore no stresses in the glass.
- Standard assembly.
- Customisation of finishes possible (colour, treatment, dimensions, etc.).
- Swivel system with backlash recovery
Flush swivel fitting, countersunk head – insulated glass unit.
Application: façade or glass roof.
Standard dimensioons: Ø 14mm, 65 mm length. M16 or M18 on request.
Tailor-made threaded length.
The R1001A rotule can be used on any glass thickness.
Cavity ring according to air gap (from 12.15 to 20).
No technical evaluation for this product.
1 – In factory : assembly of glass
Suggested method only, not considered to replace the recommendations of the glass manufacturer.
Mount spacing ring N° 12 between the two pieces of glass using 3 mm butyl cord applied into the grooves. Assemble the IG unit. Insert glass hole grommet N° 3 and secure using a neutral cure silicone.
2 – On site
Insert parts N° 1/2 into the glass hole. Place the contact washer N° 4 over assembly N° 1/2 and thread on the glass nut N° 5. Tighten to 10 Nm ( 7.5 ft-lb ) for tempered glass using SADEV catalog ref. 097581160 and ref. CLE-DYN-072031. Thread on nut N° 6 and apply washer N° 7. Insert the threaded axle into the support with spacer E ( available on request ), see technical page. Adjust the depth. Mount the second washer N° 7, lock washer N° 8, and nut N° 9. Tighten to 60 Nm ( 45 ft-lb ) using a 22 mm wrench.
SADEV recommends using thread locking compound whenever possible.