A glass skywalk made-to-measure project – Les gorges du pont du diable
74200 La Vernaz, France
THE DEVIL’S STEP “A real technical challenge. ”
A glass skywalk project, surrounded by glass balustrades.
This structure is suspended at 50 meters above the Dranse river, under the Pont du Diable rocky cave (Morzine – FRANCE).
The walkways and glass skywalker enable over 50,000 visitors every season to discover this original and spectacular site!
Since 2012, the gorges are part of the UNESCO Chablais Geopark, a territory that is renowned worldwide for its remarkable geology.
FACTORS THAT LEAD TO THIS SUCCESSFUL PROJECT
The complementary technical approach of two companies.
ACRO BTP (our customer), for their mastery of complex structure construction.
SADEV, for our engineering and design department support in: engineering studies, calculations and compliance with standards.
• Restricted environment in a rocky cave
• Climatic and live loads
• French safety standards (CSTB 3448, CSTB 3034…)
• Tight project deadline, opening planned before the summer season
SADEV ENGINEERING STUDIES, CALCULATIONS & IMPLEMENTATION
• Realisation of a made-to-measure glass skywalk and of our SABCO glass balustrade system (with led)
• Parts modeling and optimization
• Calculation and FEM for justification
• Support and assistance with products tests
More information about the capabilities of our design office on this page: CONSTRUCT
|Sadev Customer||ACRO BTP|
|Year of realisation||2020|