Personal data protection policy
The main objective of this policy is to inform you about the collection and use of your personal data by SADEV, but also to show you how you can control this personal information.
This strong legislation gives you high standards in terms of data protection and allows you to have more control over your data when you entrust them to companies such as ours.
A personal data is any information relating to a directly or indirectly identified or identifiable physical person. For example, this could be your name, your age, your telephone number, a username or any other information about you such as your socio-professional category.
A data processing is any operation or number of operations performed or not using automated processes and applied to personal data or personal data sets. For example, this can be collection, storage, use, distribution, retention, etc…
The purpose is the reason why personal data is collected and used. For example, this could be the use of a video protection camera for property and personal security.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
1. During the website navigation:
Simply viewing the https://www.sadev.com website as a visitor does not require a nominative registration. On the other hand, some information about you is collected automatically during your navigation on the website (IP address, time of visit, type of browser, as well as the categories of the website visited).
During your navigation on the site, you may be asked to accept cookies. These text files are deposited on your computer’s hard disk and then read by a server, in order to facilitate your navigation by recognizing you during your later visits to the website. You can disable cookies at any time in your browser settings. However, SADEV informs you that some functionalities of its site are not guaranteed if cookies are blocked.
2. When you wish to discover our products or contact us:
We inform you that you may voluntarily provide us with certain personal data that we collect through the forms on the website, such as your name, e-mail address and telephone number, your postal address, or your professional activity.
3. When you wish to receive our newsletters:
We inform you that you can voluntarily provide us with your personal data that we collect through the newsletter registration form on the website such as your email address.
You can unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe link in our newsletters.
4. When you want to submit a warranty request:
When you want to formulate a warranty request, we will need to know some information in order to best respond to your request. Thus, we may need to collect the following information: invoice number and invoice date.
5. When you wish to request a quote:
When you wish to request a quotation and you do not yet have an online customer account, we inform you that you can voluntarily provide us with your personal data that we collect through the online quotation form such as: name, first name, company name, country, street, postal code, city, telephone, email address, your password.
When you wish to obtain a quote and you have already created your online customer account, your personal information provided when creating your online account will be used to send you your quotes.
In order to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data, SADEV informs you that your password is encrypted so that it does not appear in clear text.
6. When you are a customer:
When you become a customer, we collect data about the company and the contact details of the relevant sales and finance staff in the structure, in particular.
We do not collect sensitive data such as religion, trade union membership, racial and ethnic origin, criminal convictions or health-related data.
7. During the creation of your online customer account:
For the creation of your customer account, we inform you that you can voluntarily communicate some personal information to us through the registration form on the SADEV website, such as your name, first name, company name, country, postal code, city, telephone number, email address and password.
In order to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data, SADEV informs you that your password is encrypted so that it does not appear in clear text.
Why do we process your personal data?
The processing of your personal data within the answers of the contact forms, warranty, online quote form, is based on the legitimate interest of SADEV.
• For the contact forms, the data allow us to contact you, to introduce you our products if necessary, to send you documentation or our products, to define your needs, and to carry out our future legal and contractual obligations.
• For warranty request forms, the data allow us to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
When you are a customer, the processing of your personal data is based on the execution of the contract. Indeed, we process your data in particular for the follow-up of orders and the commercial relationship, the management of orders (modifications and cancellations if necessary), the delivery tracking, the management of shipments and invoicing. We also process your personal data in the context of possible complaints and to compile anonymised statistics in order to guarantee you the best possible assistance.
Who has access to your personal data?
Your personal data will only be transmitted to the company’s internal divisions and to its subcontractors insofar as a legal act or contract governs the exchange of personal data. On the other hand, the data will never be communicated to third parties without your consent. SADEV does not and will not proceed to any sale, transfer or communication of your personal data.
In the context of its international activities, SADEV may be led to transfer data outside the European Union, notably within the SADEV group. However, before any transmission of your personal data, we check the rules applicable to data transfers outside the European Union.
SADEV does not make any automated decisions on the basis of your personal data. No profiling is implemented during processing, and the data we collect will never be used without human intervention.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
1. Concerning your navigation data on the website:
SADEV keeps your navigation data on our website for a maximum period of thirteen (13) months.
2. Concerning the data you provide us to know our products and to contact us:
The personal data that you provide us when you wish to contact us : the data collected will be kept three (3) years after the last contact in digital format or ten (10) years after the execution of the contract in digital and paper format in accordance with our legal obligations.
3. Regarding your data for the newsletter:
The personal data you provide us when you wish to receive our newsletters will be kept as long as you do not unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link on our newsletters.
4. Regarding your data in the context of the warranty request:
The personal data that you provide us in the event of a warranty request will be kept for the duration of the two (2) year warranty period in digital and paper format.
5. Regarding your customer data in the context of the contractual relationship:
We use and keep your data for as long as our contractual relationship lasts. At the end of the customer relationship, the collected data is kept for three (3) years if the quotation is not transformed into an order in digital format or ten (10) years after the execution of the contract in digital and paper format in accordance with our legal obligations.
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
In accordance with the current regulations, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
• Right of access: You may, at any time, access your personal data that we have about you. To do so, you may contact us in order to access your data and the purposes to which they are related.
• Right of rectification: If you notice an error, omission or ambiguity in your personal data, you may submit a request to make a correction or a clarification to your personal information.
• Right to erasure: You may also make a request to us for the erasure of your personal data.
• Right to restrict processing: You may demand the restriction of future processing of your personal data under certain conditions: when you contest the accuracy of data, when you need it in order to establish, exercise or defend your legal rights. You may also demand the restriction of processing of your data if the processing is unlawful and if you do not wish to delete it.
• Right to data portability: As a customer, you have to right to receive data that concerns you in a commonly used and machine-readable structured format. You may also request that we transmit your personal data to another organisation.
• Right to object: You have the right to object at any time to the use of your personal data within the context of activities carried out by our company in terms of the processing of your data based on SADEV’s legitimate interest, such as business development, for example.
In addition, you have the right to submit a complaint to a control authority (CNIL): https://www.cnil.fr/fr/agir
In order to exercise your rights or for any request for information and/or contact, please contact:
SADEV 76 chemin des poses, 74330 POISY – FRANCE
Or contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address email@example.com